1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Online shopping is a wonderful way to save money since you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save even more money.
3. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider trying to get a separate charge card to use just for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
4. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a bit of searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at a number of websites to make sure you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, ensure you include shipping costs in your calculations.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some form of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.