1. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer support representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can give you a lot of peace of mind.
2. When you are searching for a location to buy a product and not one of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you ought to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not in the market to take your money.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. If you like an internet store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
5. Discover more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only when the store features a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is advisable to go through an alternative store.