1. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
3. Before you start your online shopping, ensure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Online shopping is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some individuals build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best which you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel these are.
4. When you are making a purchase online, make sure that you use credit cards to pay for the transaction. Credit card users are protected against fraud by federal law and they are only liable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far regarding wave the $50 for you, which means you will not be out of pocket.
5. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.