1. When you shop online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
3. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
4. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Remember this when you are choosing a site to purchase from. In the event you don't feel relaxed providing the company with your credit card information, look for another site. Try to find a web site that offers a safe and secure page when you're adding your credit card information.
5. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.