1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll learn how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in case something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a specific amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
3. Be wary of any emails you get, even if they appear to be coming from a retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a site other than the main one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and type in the web site you want to go to. It is actually much safer that way.
4. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and find out that being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description so that you know exactly what you really are purchasing.