1. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember whether or not you've experienced a good experience from them, and they will also acquire a reputation as a seller.
2. Call the web company before making a purchase. If you have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want so that you can know that one could reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your credit card information. If you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
3. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You start out to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a restriction and stick to it.
4. Before buying from the new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
5. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL plus it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.