1. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Search for "https://" within the URL of the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
2. Prior to making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best offer possible. Also look into what it will cost for the shipping on your items and when there are free delivery options accessible to you.
3. Discover more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only when the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is advisable to go through another store.
4. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
5. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether you've had a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation as a seller.