1. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that permits you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. If a company has a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and coupon codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter if you really like their products and would use a discount code.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
4. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Take time to browse through different online stores to compare and contrast the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you need to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new releases become available on a regular basis.