1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials that are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
3. Shop around while shopping online. You will probably find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at some different stores to discover their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to obtain the best deal you are able to.
4. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to your price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your cash.