1. If you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer care representative to repair any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can provide you with a lot of peace of mind.
2. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. Be aware of the dangers of shopping online with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much better to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for that safest conditions.
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
5. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your money.