1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
3. Turn it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to your price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
4. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it also should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.