1. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product can give you a wise decision about the product. You might be able to find out the standard of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
2. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
3. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to enroll in their email updates which usually have special deals and sales. This can result in savings to suit your needs as you may get yourself a discount on the item or even free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
4. If you're concerned with whether a shopping website is legitimate or not, do some research regarding it. The internet may be a great way to find out about other people's experiences with various sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and gain a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
5. When a company features a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and online coupons to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter if you really like their goods and would use a discount code.