1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. Always look for online coupons when shopping on the Internet. Many online retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can see them by performing a simple search. Just enter in the name of the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This can be a great way to spend less when you shop online.
3. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some type of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
4. If you are intending to be online shopping, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like the one which you have in the home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
5. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to sign up for their email updates which usually have promotions and sales. This can result in savings to suit your needs as you may get a discount in the item or perhaps free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.