1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.
3. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider trying to get a separate credit card to use simply for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions should they be the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
4. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online stores. Many times with some searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at a number of websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs in your calculations.
5. If you are going to be online shopping, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one that you have at home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.