1. Ensure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and you also must protect your information in any way cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer support is and exactly how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in the event that something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
5. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.