1. Whenever you enjoy the convenience of frequent online shopping, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every few weeks or so, make up a brand new password for the bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. When you shop online, make sure the site you happen to be on starts with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. In case a site lacks the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials that are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
5. Speak to your friends with regards to their favorite online shops. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no method for you to find them all yourself. Talk to the people you already know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to purchase. This can help you save a lot of time and energy.