1. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
2. Always remember your finances and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has gotten a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
3. When you're shopping online you need to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
4. To safeguard yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.
5. Although it may look tedious, be sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable info on what you can and cannot do when you have a concern with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly so that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.