1. When shopping for a particular item, check several different online retailers. Many times with some searching, you can save as much as 25 percent. Look at a number of websites to successfully are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
2. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
3. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that permits you to get free freight. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that has a better reputation.
5. Call the online company before you make a purchase. If you have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want to be able to know that you can reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your credit card information. If you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.