1. Be mindful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to know which are on the up and up and which can be not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not sound right or the design seems off, go to a different site. Additionally, if a variety of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
2. While shopping online, it's best to look around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy for the greatest price for just about any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only look at the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's coming to you fairly!
5. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.