1. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money because you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save much more money.
2. Learn the online store's return policy. Should you be considering making a purchase on an item that you might like to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you may not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.
3. When a company features a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and discount codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter in the event you really like their products and would use a coupon code.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.