1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some form of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
3. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. Call the internet company before you make a purchase. In case you have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want to be able to know that you can reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your bank card information. Should you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to your price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.