1. When you are making any purchases on the internet and you are required to produce a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they could have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that as being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
5. Although it might appear tedious, be sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase with a website. These documents have valuable information about what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly so that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.