1. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it also should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. When shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
3. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to create a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they might have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.