1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description so that you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
2. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that being a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
3. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your money using a company that fails to offer.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. When getting things shipped to your home that you simply bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's coming to you fairly!