1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted an order detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. When you are making any purchases on the internet and you are required to create a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they could have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
4. Although it may seem tedious, ensure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable info on what you can and cannot do when you have a concern with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
5. While shopping online, be certain the site you happen to be on begins with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. If a site does not have the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.