1. Spend some time to browse through different online stores to evaluate the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new releases become available on a regular basis.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product can give you a good idea about the product. You may be able to find out the caliber of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on message boards or couponning blogs.