1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
3. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Take this into account when you are selecting a site to purchase from. If you don't feel comfortable providing the company with your credit card information, try to find another site. Try to find a website that offers a secure page when you're adding your credit card information.
4. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB prior to deciding to part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your cash with a company that fails to offer.
5. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that permits you to get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.