1. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
2. When you shop online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
3. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Try to find "https://" within the URL of the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people with your account information.
4. If you find a fantastic product on the favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
5. When you enjoy the convenience of frequent online shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a whole new password for the bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.