1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
2. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that lets you get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
3. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider obtaining a separate credit card to use only for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
4. When you shop online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy to find the best price for just about any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only glance at the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
5. When you shop online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.