1. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Search for "https://" in the URL of the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people with your account information.
2. Call the web company before making a purchase. In case you have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want in order to know that you can reach customer service easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your charge card information. Should you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
3. Internet shopping is a great way to save money as you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save even more money.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. If you are going to be doing some shopping online, make sure you be aware of the liability for each credit card you make use of online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention integrated while others offer it to get a minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on your own card when the number is stolen.