1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
2. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that lets you get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
3. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it also should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Many people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the truth, choose the one which will save you the most money.