1. When you are searching for a place to buy a product and no results seem to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not in the market to take your money.
2. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy could have coupons or discount codes. Before you purchase something, make certain you have the ability to take a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
3. Before buying from a new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a great idea about the product. You might be able to find out the standard of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
5. While shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.