1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain quantity. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
4. If you are going to be doing some shopping on the web, make sure you understand the liability for each credit card you make use of online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built-in while others offer it for a minimal fee. You do not need to get stuck with purchases made on the card if the number is stolen.
5. Prior to making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it will cost for that shipping on your items and if there are free freight options available to you.