1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description so you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
2. An excellent tip to remember when you're thinking about internet shopping is to make certain the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
3. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by trying to find reviews on them online.
4. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. Be wary of any emails you receive, even if they appear to be coming from a retailer you trust. Never click on a web link that directs you to a web site other than the main one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go approximately your browser and enter in the web site you would like to go to. It is much safer that way.