1. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
2. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your money with a company that fails to provide.
3. When shopping online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because bank cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. When a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
4. Always remember your finances and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual arena of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.