1. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
2. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
4. Internet shopping is a terrific way to save money as you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save a lot more money.
5. To safeguard yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.