1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description so that you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
2. When you shop online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online will make it very easy to get the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only glance at the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
4. If you want to save money on the products you get online and would like to make internet shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some good deals should you place your bids in the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies before getting started.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.