1. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that being a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop elsewhere.
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
3. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's visiting you fairly!
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.