1. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a restriction and follow it.
2. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this will give you an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a large swerve.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Online shopping is a great way to save money because you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save a lot more money.
5. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to enroll in their email updates which normally have special deals and sales. This can result in savings to suit your needs as you may get a discount in the item or even free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.