1. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on message boards or couponning blogs.
2. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and see that as being a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
4. Be mindful where you submit your charge card information. When you are shopping online, always use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There may also be a locked icon, either in your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.
5. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting as early as Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many online stores have moved their sales days up by a few days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.