1. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a wise decision about the product. You could possibly find out the standard of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
2. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
3. When searching out the best price for any big ticket item, make sure to check the store reviews to determine if other customers had a good knowledge about them. It is additionally a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau also. You want to be sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.