1. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. When you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have when something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
4. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
5. If you find a great product on your own favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.