1. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that as being a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.