1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
2. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
3. Prior to making a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for the shipping on the items and in case there are free delivery options open to you.
4. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you go for the first sale you see, there is a chance you are going to miss out on an improved deal someplace else.
5. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.