1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember if you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation as being a seller.
3. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't want to be spending your money with a company that fails to deliver.
4. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated whenever you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's arriving at you fairly!
5. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this will provide you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a large swerve.