1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description so you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
2. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember whether you've experienced a good experience from them, and they can also obtain a reputation as being a seller.
5. When shopping online, use a credit card instead of a debit card. This is because credit cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money inside your bank account. When a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.