1. Be cautious which sites you patronize. It is difficult to know which are in the up or higher and that are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not sound right or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a lot of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted an order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as you can. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general concept of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. If you want to save cash on the products you purchase online and would like to make shopping online more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some great deals if you place your bids in the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies just before getting started.