1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
3. Be extra careful when you search for shopping deals on social media marketing. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media marketing accounts can easily be impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your info on the social networks, then proceed directly to the primary site in the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
4. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Keep this in mind when you are deciding on a site to shop from. In the event you don't feel relaxed providing the company with your charge card information, try to find another site. Try to find a web site that offers a good page when you're adding your credit card information.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.