1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials that are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
4. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.