1. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the case, choose the one which will save you the most money.
2. Call the online company before you make a purchase. If you have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want to be able to know that you can reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your credit card information. Should you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
3. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted your order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's visiting you fairly!