1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
2. If you are looking at purchasing from the seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this will give you an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a wide swerve.
3. When shopping online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because charge cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money inside your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within dependent on hours.
4. When searching out the best price for a big ticket item, make sure to check the store reviews to find out if other customers enjoyed a good experience with them. It is also a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau as well. You want to make sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
5. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.