1. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Look for "https://" in the URL in the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
2. For those who have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer support representative to repair any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can provide you with a lot of peace of mind.
3. Online shopping is a wonderful way to save money since you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save much more money.
4. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll find out how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in the event that something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.