1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. Before buying from the new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
3. Internet shopping is a great way to save money as you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save much more money.
4. Shop around when shopping online. You might find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at a few different stores to learn their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the best deal you are able to.
5. To guard yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the buyer is responsible for is a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.